Saturday, May 3, 2014

Blood Lovers by Jophrael L. Avario









    Blood Lovers
Jophrael L. Avario
Paranormal Erotica
Date Published: May 2011


Description:

Two men, one secret…a brand new life…
Abandoned to the streets of London as a teenager by homophobic parents, Tamir is rescued by the one person he needs to survive what he is. Vidar is a rich man, happy to offer the suicidal young man a sanctuary where no one can touch him.
Or so they think.
There is something different about Vidar, something that could mean trouble—or death—for both of them. Vidar is harboring a secret that could destroy both them, and the world of safe havens they've created.
But flourishing in a love born of blood, suicide, hate and abandonment, will Tamir and Vidar’s relationship last across their forced separation? Or will their fierce dependency, when combined with the uncontrollable split, send them rocketing on a path that will lead only to their deaths?

Review:

While a vampire novel is always going to be fiction and unbelievable, I still found this book to be a bit more unbelievable. Although I do love the way the author portrays the healing saliva of Vidar and the way he looks while in blood-lust. I did enjoy the plot, but the wording and characters at times confused me. I am confused as to why Vidar didn't just tell the police the truth in the beginning and avoid all the issues that followed. I am also not a Vidar fan at all because of his abusive nature, while I understand being a vampire is probably a very emotional affair, the abuse is unacceptable. I did like the character Amanda and I wish there had been more interactions with her and the guys, as it appears that Tamir feels she is a very good friend. The intimate scenes in this book are pretty well written and will make you fan your face a little. I enjoyed the book mostly, I only wish it were a tad more believable. I love how they take care of the cops and I suppose live happily ever after, but I wonder at the way it ended, is there to be another? Perhaps to show us what has happened after all this mess? Overall I would rate this book in at three stars.


Author Links
Website | Facebook | Twitter


Buy Links for Blood Lovers



 photo readingaddictionbutton_zps58fd99d6.png

No comments:

Post a Comment